Terms & Conditions
- Pelorus Chauffeurs is the trading name for Pelorus Group Ltd.
- The term ‘Pelorus Group’, ’Pelorus Chauffeurs’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website and company. The term ‘customer’, ‘passenger’, ’user’, ’you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our w services and website.
- By continuing to use our website and services, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- The content within the pages of this website is for your general information and is subject to change without notice.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any products or services meet your specific requirements.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse these website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- As much as we build in flexibility into our planning of all journeys and will always do our utmost to ensure our drivers are punctual, we cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by circumstances out of our control.
- Your Chauffeur will travel by the most appropriate route on the day unless requested to do otherwise by the customer at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is abusive or whose behaviour poses a threat to either the chauffeur, the vehicle or any other passengers.
- We reserve the right to refuse to carry any passengers who are excessively intoxicated and unable to travel safely.
- We maintain a strict non-smoking policy in all vehicle as required by Law. This includes all vaping devices.
- Vaping Devices are not permitted to be charged in our vehicles.
Bookings & Payments
- We always aim to provide timely, accurate and competitive quotes. Unless otherwise stated, the price quoted includes any planned tolls, Airport parking charges and clean air or congestion zone charges (where applicable).
- Unless otherwise stated, quotes are valid for 7 days.
- Unless otherwise stated, a booking is not confirmed until the required deposit / payment has been received and a formal booking confirmation has been emailed to you. 17. To confirm a booking more than 28 days in advance, we will require a deposit of 20% of the total cost of your booking or £50.00 +VAT (whichever is greater) plus the cost of any extras such as alcohol or Wedding bows and ribbons. Bookings cannot be confirmed until this payment has been received.
- If you choose to pay the full amount at the time of booking, 20% or £50.00 +VAT (whichever is greater) plus the cost of any extras (see note 17) will be classed as the deposit in the event that you decide to cancel your booking (see cancelations and refunds).
- The remaining balance will be required 28 days prior to the date of your journey. For any booking that consists of 2 or more journeys on different dates, the remaining balance is required to be paid 28 days prior to the date of the first journey.
- If your booking is within 28 days at the time of booking, the full balance will be required to confirm the booking.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer on receipt of invoice or by debit / credit card using the payment button provided in the invoice email.
- It is the clients responsibility to check all booking details are correct. Clients must highlight any errors at the earliest opportunity and within 7 days of the confirmation being sent. All times will be UK time and will be given in the 24-hour format unless otherwise stated.
Delays & Waiting Time
- The driver will arrive up to 5 minutes prior to the agreed collection time. Each booking includes a period of free waiting time depending on the booking type.
- Airport and Cruise Transfers include 60 minutes free waiting time when picking up from the Airport or Cruise terminal.
- Waiting time is not applicable for booking types where the driver and vehicle have been booked for a period of time such as ‘Wait & Return’ or ‘As Directed’ bookings. If your booking overruns or you require the vehicle and driver for longer than initially booked (subject to availability), additional charges will apply charged at an hourly rate dependant upon the vehicle booked.
- All other bookings types include 15 minutes free waiting time.
- Once the free waiting period has ended, additional waiting time will be chargeable at £12.50 +VAT per 15 minutes (or part of). Additional waiting time can be purchased at the time of booking to provide more flexibility.
- In the event that you are significantly delayed, your driver may not be able to wait dependant on other commitments / bookings. If you are likely to be delayed by more than the agreed waiting time please contact the office as soon as possible and we will try and accommodate these delays.
Cancelations & Refunds
- We understand that things change and where possible we will always attempt to accommodate your circumstances by moving the booking to an alternate time or date, if availability exists.
- If a booking is cancelled by the customer more than 28 days prior to the hire commencing, the deposit will be non-refundable, but can be transferred to alternate date (see note 29). 31. If a booking is cancelled by the customer less than 28 days prior to the hire commencing, the deposit will be non-refundable (see note 29).
- If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 72 hours of the hire commencing, a 50% credit of the total cost (after any expenses) will be offered. This credit will be valid for 1 year.
- If the customer cancels within 24 hours of the hire commencing all payments will be non refundable.
- If the passengers fail to be available for pick-up at the time and place requested, after the free waiting period has elapsed (see notes 23-28) if the customer cannot be contacted the booking will be cancelled and all payments will be non-refundable.
- We aim to process all refunds (where applicable) within 10 working days.
Payments and Accounts
- All payments are to be made to Pelorus Group Ltd on or by the date stated on the invoice. 37. Corporate Accounts can be set up on request with a monthly invoice and bespoke payment terms subject to mutual agreement. We will provide an itemised invoice at the end of each month to be settled but the due date stated on the invoice.
- Unless otherwise stated, quoted prices are subject to VAT at the standard rate of 20%.
- Pelorus Group Ltd trading as Pelorus Chauffeurs may from time to time provide promotional rewards. We reserve the right to remove any promotion if fraud is suspected.
- The pages on this website are published by Pelorus Group Ltd.
- We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by the user.
- When you visit our website, our web server collects some basic information such as your ISP, which pages you accessed on our site, and when. We use this information to analyse the use of our website to help guide improvements. We do not collect any personally identifiable information other than that provided by you at the time of booking.
- We are required by our Licensing Authority ‘Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council’ (SMBC) to record some basic details for all bookings undertaken by Pelorus Chauffeurs. These details are required to be retained for a period of at least 6 months and will generally include but not be limited to name, pick up address, destination address and basic contact details. This is to allow SMBC to easily identify a booking and/or passenger. When SMBC request to see the information we hold, this will either be in person or via an encrypted email.
- We will not pass any of your information to any other 3rd party.
- Cookies are text files with small pieces of data that are used to identify your computer as you use a computer network. Specific cookies known as HTTP cookies are used to identify specific users and improve your web browsing experience.
- Data stored in a cookie is created by the server upon your connection. This data is labelled with an ID unique to you and your computer.
- When the cookie is exchanged between your computer and the network server, the server reads the ID and knows what information to specifically serve to you.
- By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- If you have a grievance with any of the services we have provided and you would like to make a complaint, we request that this is submitted in writing as soon as possible but no later than 14 days after the issue has arisen.
- We will investigate all complaints thoroughly including talking to the complainant and any other parties concerned. If appropriate, we will also obtain the vehicle tracking information to aid any internal investigation.
- We aim to respond in writing to any complaint within 10 workings days from speaking to the complainant.
Updated: 8 January 2024